Saturday, July 11, 2009

One more thing...

Okay, can you tell I'm a little stir-crazy and lonely being by myself? I'm writing multiple entries today.... I guess you could say I'm talking to my computer.

We've lived in our neighborhood for 17 years now. One of the great pleasures is watching people walk by our house. We sit on the porch and say or wave hello, or just observe. Just now, a teenager walked by with his dog. I've watched this teenager walking his dog since he was probably 8 y.o. Little boy, little dog. Now he's almost a young man, and his dog is older and slower.

One of the great mysteries I have about people walking by, is why they stop. Have they moved away? Have they gotten ill? Are they away for the summer? So many people I've come to know over the years, and then they're just not there anymore.

Dennis will be home tomorrow. And only one more trip this summer.

Back to beading fringe...

1 comment:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I know what you mean about missing the people you used to see and wondering where they went. We live in a rural area that has become more habitated since a new subdivision was built down the road.

Maybe people have moved, or their schedules have changed, or maybe they wanted a change of scenery and go in another direction..maybe