Saturday, July 11, 2009

Are you a bead perfectionist

I usually spend the summer trying to catch up on unfinished bead projects. I seem to work in spurts. With my husband still in France, I've finished a beautiful necklace by Jean Campbell, a bracelet I've wanted to make for about 2 years, my Use the Muse contest piece, and some others I can't remember right now.

But here's what I want to say: Right now I'm putting fringe on a spiral rope necklace. This technique is one of my favorites. However, I always want the fringe to look balanced, and this means a lot of ripping out and redoing the fringe until it 'looks right.' We're talking about balancing fringe on a rotating base. I think I need to let go of being a perfectionist about this. It's taking too long. But if I don't do it this way, I won't bead happy.

3 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Perfection is in the eye of the beholder, or something like that. I usually like things a little off kilter. Where some put 4, I want 5. Some like the bottom even while I like to see an interesting multi level. Funny what each of us thinks is perfection.

KV said...

Go for it, Susan! I must admit that I am a shameless perfectionist, too -- especially when it comes to making jewelry. It took seven restarts to make the last commissioned bracelet (but I get to keep the sixth one for me!) . . .


Kathy V in NM

Anonymous said...

must check copy handbags with low price I0PD0616