Monday, May 18, 2009

New Work - Yay!!!


I have some new work! I had the pleasure of taking 2 classes with Christi Friesen and I loved them! I had never worked with polymer clay before, but I thought it was time to branch out just a little, and did I ever! First, above, is my mermaid. Notice the short dark hair - that's what I have. However, the blue nipples are just for fun.

Above and below are two garden pieces, at least that's what I call them. First we made a bunch of leaves, then put them together similar to a collage, added beads (of course!), lots of mica powders (Pearl Ex), which I fell in love with. Everyone teased me that I just could have painted the powders on the clay all day, and they're right.
All 3 pieces can be strung - although it may take a while to come up the perfect strap.

Thank you, Christi, for the inspiration and stimulation that you and your classes provide!

1 comment:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Love the mermaid! How fun. Did you finish all these piece in one class? If so, unbelievale. I would still be there!