Monday, September 8, 2008

Previous Post

My previous post came about as a reaction to the Republican Convention last week, specifically the talks on Wednesday night, in which several of the speakers made fun of Barak Obama for being a social worker and community organizer. I was listening to the convention because I feel it is important to have as much information as possible to make a good decision, and to understand people who have different points of view from me.

I understand that politics is a game, and that the object is to win. But at what risk do you alienate voters in your quest to be number one?

3 comments:

KV said...

Amen, Susan. I have been a lifelong community volunteer and I resented those comments greatly myself. Even when I had a busy career life, volunteer work was important to me.

You know what they say -- what goes around, comes around! Let's hope for the best outcome in this election.


Kathy V in NM

Timaree said...

The only trouble is this "game" can hurt a lot of people as we are seeing with the housing and Wall Street crises. McCain said this morning that the worker is the main pillar of our economy. Hmmm, does this mean the community organizer and the social worker too? Of course, if WallStreet crumbles it's those organizers and social workers who will hold us together through the mess.

Anonymous said...

Найти лучшее: virtual cd rom скачать