Tuesday, April 22, 2008

April Mandala




My April mandala is done, and it is called "My Rock Garden." This garden takes up most of our front lawn and is kidney shaped. A few weeks ago it was totally barren, except for some red ground cover. I wanted to capture the garden just before it started blooming, because I never cease to be amazed that plants can actually just push themselves out of the earth and give us so much hope and beauty.

This is my garden today.
This is the garden a week ago.

7 comments:

KV said...

Oh, Susan -- I love this mandala! You have captured not only the sight of it but the promise of what is to come.

Bravo!

Kathy V in NM

abeadlady said...

Ditto what Kathy said. This is very cool.

Arline

Christina J. said...

That is lovely.

Sandy said...

Nice piece and the necklace is stunning. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Smadar's Treasure said...

Your mandala is beautiful!

Smadar

Timaree said...

You really captured it well!