Monday, December 19, 2011

Beading on Vacation

 My husband had a conference in Orlando and since it was at a nice hotel and the weather was supposed to be sunny and warm, I accompanied him.  Of course, the weather was a bit cool and we only had one day of sun.  However, I saw my friend Kathie who drove up from Sarasota and we had a great lunch at a Lebanese restaurant and then went to a very funky bead store called Dear Prudence.  We got lots of ideas for bead projects there.  Above is a picture of one of the rugs in the hotel.  Although not my usual color palette, I liked the design.


I did do some beading on my snowflake challenge.  I almost finished the strap for the pendant and bail.  I think that perhaps I made the colors too subtle, so when I use the rest of the beads for another piece I will try to punch up the colors a bit.  This picture must have been taken before I started the strap.

Next year the conference is in Maui.  Tempting....

1 comment:

Cottage and Broome said...

Looks like you had a good time and got some beading done. Looking forward to seeing how the piece is coming along, Happy New Years, Laura