Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Use the Muse

I'm working on my Use the Muse piece. I've tried several ideas, excitedly gathering beads of different colors, shapes, and sizes, only to discard most of them. Now I'm narrowing down my design, and it's totally unlike my usual beading. Usually my beading is dense, but this design is airy and lightweight. In fact, I'm not sure it's worthy of the contest, but it's been fun for me to do something so totally different, so I feel I have gained something new. I can't show the piece because the muse is in it, and one of the rules is that you absolutely can't share the muse until the contest is over. So check back on July 18th, when all the entries are due!

2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Yes, I am designing in my head. I will be gathering beads too. I am not a designer, at all, but I have an idea. Now I just have to make it happen. Aren't the beads georgeous!

Susan Elliott said...

I can't wait to see it!!!