Monday, August 18, 2008

Off to College


Okay, both boys left for college this past week. I love the way Jason packed the car. I also love that he just can't wait to leave, look at the expression on his face. It says, can I just leave already? Get off my back, I'll be fine. He pulled out of the driveway and didn't look back or even wave. That's Jason for you.



Here's Sam, leaving for law school (Go, Sam!). Sam is much more organized than Jason, as you can see how neatly the car is packed. Here is with his Dad, looking totally content and ready to start his new adventure.









The house is quiet. Dennis and I don't know what to do after the chaos of the last week and the boys getting ready. We can't bear to look at the mess they've left, so we do the next best thing. We take a walk and sit in a field to watch a sunset.



















4 comments:

Sabine said...

Hi Susan,

compliments on your obviously lovely family.

And how nice (and well earned) for you to have an exhibit with a grand opening, newspaper comment, and all.

I had come to your blog to tell you that I wrote an answer to you in the comments section of my BJP post. But I really like your blog and therefore read on ... and on ...

Greetings, Sabine

KV said...

Congratulations on sending those beautiful sons off to college! Don't worry -- that empty house feeling won't last long . . .


Kathy V in NM

Timaree said...

Sounds like you did the best thing after they left. When my kids (and their kids) leave after a visit we end up cleaning first thing. We are so boring!

Ellen said...

Oh that empty nest feeling can really hit you, can't it? I'm thinking that it won't take long for you & your hubby to discover how to live together alone again ;9