Monday, June 23, 2008

Beading for a Cure Project

Here are images from my Beading for a Cure project. Each year a kit is put together through the All About Beads forum and participating members use that kit to make an item for auction. All profit goes to colorectal cancer research. I made a lariat this year, and added a pink felted ball to spruce things up (we're allowed to add one additional bead separate from the kit). So far, this has been a challenging project for me, first because you have to work with the colors in the kit, and second, you design the piece. The pleasure I get from knowing where the proceeds go and that some happy person will have this lariat are great.



You can knot the lariat...

Here are the felted beads...

A photo showing the components together...

1 comment:

Timaree said...

Wow, that is a really nice take on the beads you were given. I didn't care for last year's colors nor many of the objects made from them but I think your necklace will do quite well in the next auction.