Sunday, May 4, 2008

Glorious May

Several weeks ago as I was browsing blogs, I read about a project of making butterflies for a Holocaust Museum in Houston. The goal was to have people make 1.5 million butterflies to represent the number of children who were killed in the holocaust. This butterfly is my contribution. I often feel very fortunate in that my family left eastern Europe and Russia in the late 1800's as a result of pogroms in the towns in which they lived.



My neighbor loves to garden, and this is the view my son enjoys from his bedroom window. How lovely to watch spring bloom.

Just another update on how my garden is doing. You can see the perennials popping up. Soon I'll get some more perennials and a few colorful annuals...and trim the grass by the rocks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Norazihan said...

Hi Susan. Tks for tips for BJP. I find this butterfly piece spectacular. :)

KV said...

The butterfly is amazing, Susan!


Kathy V in NM